Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to get koseki tohonl 2018/1/31 16:29
Hi i am married to japanese 8yrs ago but 1year after our marriage he died now i want to get married again in filipino and one of the req.is dead certificate of him which i dont have i try to go in japan embassy but they said they cannot provide me the dead certificate if i dont have the copy of his family registry i dont have it can you pls advice me where can i get the koseki tohon of him im here in the Philippines now and i dont have any contact in japan to help me to provide koseki tohon i have his permanent domicile.
by Nickeliz  

Re: How to get koseki tohonl 2018/1/31 23:30
if you have an official document which shows you were married (or lived) with a Japanese, that is the first step.
that should have a Japanese name( kanji), birth date, the address (jyuminhyo address) at that time.
you hire a lawyer and he/she goes to the city office where the address is there. I hope they have the record of 8 years ago. then, you can find a Japanese koseki address. the lawyer goes to the city office where the koseki address, find your husband koseki, and get 除籍謄本, the certificate that shows he was dead.

"i have his permanent domicile."
if it means you know koseki address, you can contact the city office by mail to get the certificate.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get koseki tohonl 2018/2/4 13:13
I am in the Philippines now how can i contact them through email can you please help me to know about their email add. Thanks you so much to your help
by Nickeliz rate this post as useful

Re: How to get koseki tohonl 2018/2/4 13:20
It's fine even i get only the koseki tohon of him because if i have that the Japanese embassy here in the Philippines will provide me the dead certificate.

Re: How to get koseki tohonl 2018/2/4 14:03
Have you checked city hall's website?
At least post which city he's from if you want help.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to get koseki tohonl 2018/2/4 21:17
Since he is dead now, the only form of "koseki" you can ask for is "joseki tohon," showing that upon his death he was removed from his "koseki." So the certificate will show him as no longer with us.

You can write in via "postal mail" to the specific city hall to get a copy (but not via e-mail, as far as I know).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to get koseki tohonl 2018/2/4 22:18
Hi he is from Hitotsuya Adachi ku Tokyo thanks.

reply to this thread