Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsushima cruise: Is 1st class worth it? 2018/1/31 18:51
Hi, I'll be going on the Basho cruise from Shiogama to Matsushima in mid-February and I'm wondering if 1st class is worth twice the cost (1500 versus 2900 yen). Is the view that much better from two decks up? Is 1st class open-air, and thus actually *worse* in the winter?
by Gregalor  

Re: Matsushima cruise: Is 1st class worth it? 2018/1/31 19:58
I took the cruise in the lower section (cheaper seats) and it was fine. You won't have the sun shining on you, but if it rains, you won't be that wet either. The view is good enough for photos, unless you have an ultra wide lens, like 10mm or less. Even still, it's not much different 10 feet higher.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Matsushima cruise: Is 1st class worth it? 2018/2/1 01:21
I took the cheapest ticket and the views were OK, enough to take nice photos. Check my flickr for some pictures:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ngchoi/25702321163/in/album-721576645864...
by Peter1986 rate this post as useful

Re: Matsushima cruise: Is 1st class worth it? 2018/2/1 05:23
The "cruise" I use the upper deck is only an extra 600 yen more, and I think it is worth it.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Matsushima cruise: Is 1st class worth it? 2018/2/1 17:53
I have took cheapest - lower deck at start, but it felt unsatisfactory for taking photos of Matsushima bay, especially with clear and sunny weather at that time.

After paying extra fee on board of ferry, crew guided us to very top deck of ship with 360 view over Matsushima bay, in my opinion its very good deal.
by Horadrimus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread