Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/1/31 20:40
Hello, has anyone applied for a CoE (as a spouse of a Japanese national) at Saitama office in November/beginning of December 2017 and received any type of feedback (acceptance, denial, or request of more info)?. I am trying to have a (very) rough idea what period they may be processing now (we applied in middle December). Thanks.
by rtx1965  

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/1 15:09
on the immigration site it is written about 3 months. Can take longer or shorter.
If you have questions better to contact immigration directly.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/1 16:27
All the application applied in Saitama office will be sent to Tokyo main office for inspection.
It doesnft matter where you applied and takes only a couple of days longer than Tokyo. (mailing back to Saitama office from Tokyo office).
As mentioned above (by justmyday), you should wait till mid-March (three months) and still not received anything, contact the immigration office.
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/1 17:07
Thanks, I know about the official 1-3 month waiting period, I just like to have a general idea of when things happen. Ironically, since the CoE is valid only for three months from the issue date, to get an answer in 3 (or even 4) months would work better for me because due to other things I would prefer to move to Japan in May/June (of course assuming the application is not rejected).
by rtx1965 rate this post as useful

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/2 18:52
All the application applied in Saitama office will be sent to Tokyo main office for inspection.
It doesnft matter where you applied and takes only a couple of days longer than Tokyo. (mailing back to Saitama office from Tokyo office).

So, which office actually process the application and take the decision, the regional office (Tokyo in my case) or the local branch (Saitama in my case)? Thanks.

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/3 12:18
why you dont ask immigration you applied the CoE with?
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/5 14:45
The decision will be made in Tokyo not in Saitama branch.
This is what I was told when I used to work for the company's one Dept. where we apply CoE for foreign applicants who got hired by the company.

But to make sure, you should call the number listed below.
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/info/index.html#sec_01
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE - Saitama (Tokyo reg. imm. bureau) 2018/2/9 14:46
The decision will be made in Tokyo not in Saitama branch.

Thanks for the information, it was just out of curiosity.

reply to this thread