Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Toya and Noboribetsu planning 2018/2/1 08:54
Hello,

I need some advice about my planning to Lake Toya and Noboribetsu.

Day 1: Here's my idea, wake up very early and take the first train from Hakodate to Toya station. Take the bus and leave the luggage at our hotel in Toyako onsen.

After that go to Showa Shinzan and Usuzan ropeway. After that I hope I have some time to come back and soak in the onsen and have dinner and watch the fireworks.

Day 2: Leave the lugagge at hotel or Toya station? and then go to Showa west craters (how long it will take to do the walk?) After finishing my walk I will pick my lugagge and go to Noboribetsu, pick the bus to our hotel and walk at Jigokudani and the river (how long will it take the whole walk?) Come back to hotel and soak in the onsen and dinner.

Do you think this planning is doable? Specially day 2, is Noboribetsu big? or with a couple or 3 hours from my hotel Dai Ichi Takimotokan is enough to see Jigokudani and the river?

Thank you
by Peter1986  

Re: Lake Toya and Noboribetsu planning 2018/2/1 16:23
Noboribetsu is not that large. It's a 5 minute walk from your hotel to the Jigodani but there is a nice 1-2 hour walk around there, especially if it's during fall.
It may have changed, but don't expect too much from the quality of fireworks at Lake Toya if it's the ones they have every night....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread