Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Medicine help 2018/2/6 05:43
Hi,
I am packing for my upcoming trip to Japan next month and I would need some advise on corresponding names for some medication. I will bring a few but in case the medicine is lost or runs out, I might need to buy in Japan since I will be there for 6 weeks.

Please advise on what corresponding names on the following medication:

- Aluminum Acetotartrate (ALSOL)
- Hydrocortisone ointment
- Foot ointment
- Loratadine (Antihistamine pills)
- Nasal Sprays for Cold Relief / Otrivin
- Earwax relief drops
- Loperamide / Imodium

If unsure, please ask and I will try to clearify more.

Thanks in advancd!
by Mojo rojo (guest)  

Re: Medicine help 2018/2/6 14:20
I’d suggest to look up the generic names of the ingredients. It’s written on the meds you bring. That ingredient name won’t be different in Japan. They might write it in katakana but a pharmacist should know. Some meds might not exist in the same formulation as in your country.

It’s only 6 weeks, so hopefully you won’t need any of it and for an emergency you are anyway bringing some.

Japan is an advanced country, so you should not have problems. Just make sure to take out a health insurance.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Medicine help 2018/2/6 15:50
Just bring your meds in their original packaging, and if you run out take it to a pharmacy. The pharmacist will be able to sort it out. You might not find the exact same formulation, but you will find relief.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Medicine help 2018/2/6 17:11
Here the link to Japanese vademecum

http://ns.e-search.ne.jp/~jpr/

Just remember that brand names might be different so search for the active ingredient. You can look up here your meds and thus know which exist in what formulation before traveling. If you are concerned about any specific drug consult with your doctor or pharmacist before traveling and eventually bring extra supplies.

by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Medicine help 2018/2/8 05:26
Thank you for your replies people.

I tried to translate and figure some of the medication. Maybe you can see if this sounds right:

Foot ointment 足の軟膏
Antihistamine pills (Loratadine) 抗ヒスタミン薬(ロラタジン)
Otrivin (Nasal Sprays for Cold Relief) "コールド&サイナスリリーフ点鼻薬
オトリビン"
Earwax relief drops 耳クリーンレスキュー
Imodium (Loperamide) ロペラミド (イモジウム)
by Mojo rojo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread