Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/7 23:20
Hey

I was just wondering if it is possible for foreigners like me (australian) to get a job in japan as a customs officer in an airport.

by Matt (guest)  

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/8 11:06
That requires you to pass the national government's civil servant exam in Japanese, and I believe you need to be a Japanese national.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/8 11:37
for all public functions you need to be Japanese. Even PR status does not allow you.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/8 11:59
foreigners like me (australian) to get a job in japan

It is neither possible in Australia if you are a foreigner...

http://www.careercentre.dtwd.wa.gov.au/Occupations/Pages/customs-offic...

Applicants must be an Australian citizen, at least 18 years old and meet medical, fitness, aptitude and psychometric requirements for the role.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/8 13:19
Guest that is not correct. Read what you quoted again.

In Australia, you need to be a Australian citizen. Foreigner can gain citizenship and work in govt jobs.

In Japan even with pr citizenship, you still cannot work in govt jobs.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/8 13:34
I have perfectly read what I quoted. Being a person who went through naturalization in a European country I know what it is also. I have NEVER heard about a country (including Japan) where naturalized people are being barred from taking civil servant jobs. You do not know what you are talking about.

There you are:
Foreign-born politicians put new face on Japanese officialdom
https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/foreign-born-politi...

PS: In the USA, naturalized people cannot run for the White House...
PS: In Japan, foreigners can work as teachers in public schools, in my country of citizenship ? no way....

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/8 20:10
Above - `PR Citizenship` doesn`t exist - but Nationalisation does, and a nationalised person is Japanese by law. But realisticly, nobody would go thru nationalisation in order to become a customs agent.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Becoming a customs officer in japan? 2018/2/9 10:04
@hakata14

Naturalization = citizenship = citizen = new passport of the country who chose to be citizen of
PR (or Permanent Residency) = you keep your passport = no passport of the country you live in
PR (or Permanent Residency) you stay as long you want but NO civil servant jobs for you
Japanese PR is like green card in the US, green card holders are not US citizens, PR in Japan are NOT japanese citizens
Permanent residents in Australia DO NOT have australian passport
Permanent residents in Australia DO NOT have access civil servant jobs.
Naturalized people in Japan get japanese passport and have access to ALL civil servant jobs.
Permanent residents DON'T get japanese passport and have NO access to civil servant jobs.
There is no PR citizenship. It is PR or citizenship, not both.

reply to this thread