Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Golden Week - Osaka or Kyoto itinerary help 2018/2/11 15:23
Hello!
Planning my first trip for a month arriving late on the 26th. We plan to stay in Tokyo for most of Golden Week, as there is a lot we wish to see here but also to try to avoid as much of the crowds as possible - I've read that it's best to stay in the big cities as less of the local crowds are there.
My question is, I want to move on from Tokyo no later than the 4th - should we start in Kyoto or Osaka? I'm aware that the 3rd-6th is the bulk of public holidays, so my question is which are we better off spending those public holidays in due to crowds?
Thanks in advance!
by Jacinta (guest)  

Re: Golden Week - Osaka or Kyoto itinerary help 2018/2/13 02:38
2018 Golden Week is more like two long weekends in a row (first from 4/28 to 4/30, second from 5/3 to 5/6). Some people will take vacation days on 5/1 and 5/2 to make it truly golden, but those people are likely to go abroad. I will venture to guess that 5/1 and 5/2 are better travel days. In any case, you better reserve your accommodations early.

Kyoto is always crowded, more so during GW. Between Osaka and Kyoto, I suggest you stay in the place that has more interests to you. You don't necessarily need to change hotels between Kyoto and Osaka, as travel time between them is about 30 minutes.

by miyako (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread