Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 30

1 2
next

Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/15 22:26
Hello

I'm an 28 Years old Italian man, I came from Italy on 2016 with a student visa to study Japanese, which I used until 25 December of 2017.

On 19 of January I met my girlfriend (29 years old) through a Facebook group, and from that time we liked each other and after a couple of days we started to live together.
We got married today.
We have a really good relationship, and I've already met her parents, which fully agree with it.
We daily speak Japanese language, but she is now studying Italian. Of course we have many pictures despite the short time, and her part wants to gift to us the family picture (with all the parents) after our wedding.
Economically speaking, her father is willing to be a sponsor / supporter for us. But anyway she start her new job tomorrow , and I have the workplace I was working as part time which is willing to hire me as soon as I get the visa.

We are a bit worried about the results of the visa because of the not so long relationship, probably it will be around three months when we will do the application.

Is there a big probability that my application will be rejected because of that?

Since I was studying until December 25th, I can stay here until around 20 of march, and then immigration told us is better to apply while I have the student visa, since the process will be shorter and smooth.
by Hms (guest)  

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 11:45
nobody knows the answer.
It is case by case that immigration decide.

Just wait
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 11:58
No one can answer your question only the immigration.
As long as your marriage is genuine, supported with relevant documents there should not be a problem, BUT who knows ?
Just try and apply.
Also make sure you apply for Change of Status Residence(Student to Spouse of Japanese) and NOT COE for Spouse Visa.

Ý—¯Ž‘Ši•ÏX‹–‰Â\¿‘
APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF STATUS OF RESIDENCE
English Version
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/02.html
Japanese Version
http://www.moj.go.jp/ONLINE/IMMIGRATION/16-2.html

Ý—¯Ž‘Ši”F’èØ–¾‘Œð•t\¿‘
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY (COE)
English version:
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/kanri/shyorui/01.html
Japanese Version:
http://www.moj.go.jp/ONLINE/IMMIGRATION/16-1.html

by @... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 12:25
Yeah I know is quite hard to predict the results, sometimes seems that they decide a bit randomly.
I was wondering if someone had an similar experience with a short time relation, even if I'm aware that the situation like, salary, pictures provided and way of application may differ from mine.

thanks for the reply anyway.
by Hms (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 12:37
actually the:

Ý—¯Ž‘Ši”F’èØ–¾‘Œð•t\¿‘
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY (COE)

is what the immigration gave to us when we went to ask information, it may be a mistake maybe.

I mean, I quit my school at the end of december, with 6 months remaining on my card as a student status of residency. doing that, the status I don't think will change, but it will be just shortened to max 3 months.
Am I right?

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 12:58
you better to check once more

Technically your school is supposed to inform immigration when your studies are over to cancel your student visa. In this case, most nationalities are allowed to stay for 90 days without a visa.

However, I've heard of people staying in Japan on work / student visas after their employment or school has finished.

Better to talk with your school first and or immigration

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 15:10
We are a bit worried about the results of the visa because of the not so long relationship, probably it will be around three months when we will do the application.

I think the immigration looks mostly at the relationship up to the moment you got married, so in your case (if i understood correct the timeline) would be about one month.
by TW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 15:16
Yes correct, if they look at the relation up to the wedding is one month, if they look up to my application it will be 2/3 months. The title is not 100x100 precise, sorry

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 15:28
As said by others, it is basically a crapshoot. The immigration may or may not think you got married just to stay in the country since the student visa expired. Have you considered to at least wait a bit longer before to apply? Maybe doing some other course (if you can afford it) or just going back in Japan with a 90 day visa? What about the company you mentioned is willing to hire you if you get the spouse visa, are they going to give you something in written form so you can include it in the application? In my opinion that may help your case.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 15:40
I canft answer your question, but AUGURI!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 16:03
Yes that was my initial plan, go back in march, come back here and do all the paper work on june or july in order to have 6 months of living togheter, but at the immigration they told us that is better to apply soon instead of doing after because the procedure will be faster and easier.

We just call the immigration, as I thought I could use the change of status, they gave us the wrong application form.

About the working place, I will go to speak with them tomorrow, but they seems willing to hire me and write something to attach at the application.

Ps. grazie!!

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 18:19
For the change of status the website gives a 1-3 months processing time (same as CoE). Good thing is that you get a 2 months extension on your current status. By the way, the Italian embassy can issue you a document to be used as foreign marriage certificate in the application, without to have to wait the one from Italy (of course assuming you are planning to transcribe the marriage in Italy too).

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 18:24
Yes I need to di that because otherwise I cannot apply for the visa. I'm waiting the new family registry from my ward office in order to get the apostille and get that document.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 21:05
"On 19 of January I met my girlfriend (29 years old) through a Facebook group, and from that time we liked each other and after a couple of days we started to live together.
We got married today. "

19 of January you mean 3 weeks ago?
by ACF82 rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 21:17
You shall get it. As long as your wife`s parents support, no problem.
by guest11 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 22:57
If I was immigration inspector looking at your form, I would read that once you were coming to the end of your student status, a quick marriage was an easy option to extend your stay in Japan.
I would suggest you go for Coe option which means you have to exit Japan and wait in your home country, change in status is neither the preferred route for immigration nor it does anything to take away the doubt that you are desperate to stay in Japan
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 23:06
Yes around 3 weeks ago, I did not expect that either, it is a strong feeling to her, because she treats me how I usually treats my previous girlfriend having nothing back from them.. Is fast I know, but when you know, you know. Her parents a got married after 3 months because an omiai, they maybe met 10 times and they are a really nice couple even now.
I told her that she can come to italy if she wants, but she doesn't speak Italian or English so for her will be to hard right now.

Actually I decided to stop to study on 25 of December, my student visa still has 6 months to be used.

Actually, I can apply even from Japan as a tourist, am I wrong? My plan at beginning was to apply from here in July or August as a tourist.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 23:20
You can apply from Japan as a tourist. But are you sure about the whole story? Did the father clearly told you he will sponsor you? Or just your wife told you so? Your story it's rather unique, i've never heard anything like that. You did in 2 weeks what me and my wife did in like 8 years. I mean, you meet someone on facebook and after 2 days you move in together? One week later you decide to get married? And the family is so happy, yeah our daughter just met some random guy on facebook and decide to get married. We'll sponsor him. It sound so unreal to me.
by ACF82 rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/16 23:46
We start to speak there, then we met in real life the same day with other our friend. She was speaking with her father about the sponsor of course but I heard it.
They were suspicious at beginning of course, but after we met they were completely ok with me. Also they did the same thing. Her mother when we were doing the application for the marriage was really excited, she called us like 6 times.
I'm sure about it, both of us can work, I mean she works, and I can work ad freelance for an European company if I want, or choose to work for the company of my previous arubaito. So actually her father doesn't have to give us money at all, and if I want I can stay here a whole year with my savings. Also, since we have a similar job experience, he probably will introduce me to some companies for a mensetsu.

I know usually the time is longer, my feelings are real, but no one knows what could happen in the future at the end. Some years of relationship before getting married doesn't ensure you a perfect marriage, like few months also cannot do that. In this thing you have just to be lucky I think.

Re: Spouse visa after 3 months 2018/2/17 00:03
At the end it does not matter what you feel, but what Immigration think of our situation.
Just apply and wait what happens. You cannot do more. It was your and your GF choice to be in a hurry.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 30

1 2
next

reply to this thread