Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unemployment Insurance - don't need it 2018/2/18 15:01
Like the topic states.

I've found another job, and I never used the Koyo Hoken card to receive unemployment benefits. Do I need to give it to anyone? Can I throw it away?

Thanks.
by nascar2  

Re: Unemployment Insurance - don't need it 2018/2/18 18:41
No, you can't. It's not something you can decide if you need and it's written in the law.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment Insurance - don't need it 2018/2/18 19:06
Employers are obligated to enrol their employees into this scheme, and as you go from one employer to another, you take it to the next one to have it registered there too. You can't give it to anyone, and you can't throw it away either.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment Insurance - don't need it 2018/2/19 10:45
It doesn't matter if you throw it away or not, your employer will still deduct the payments as required by law. If you did need it, having thrown it away would make things difficult. Why not keep it?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Unemployment Insurance - don't need it 2018/2/19 11:47
As mentioned, my understanding is that every employer will ask you to hand out your card to his/her company so that the company can get you insured again.

In other words, your card will always be in the hands of your employer, and when you are not employed, the card will be in your hands. So if your new employer says (s)he doesn't need your card for one reason or another, you still should keep the card so that you can hand it to another employer when you happen to change jobs again. But you can always get your card reissued if you happen to lose it.

The following Japanese link that backs up what I just wrote is just for reference.
https://docoic.com/9567
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread