Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Getting a T Visa while my W H Visa is active? 2018/2/24 23:18
I'm hoping to stay in Japan until the end of this year, but my working holiday visa for Japan expires September 23.

What I want to do, is go back to England for a month in August and return to Japan September on a three month tourist visa (and leave in December).
Is this possible? Or will I be forced to re enter on my working visa and leave September 23?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
by Dave (guest)  

Re: Getting a T Visa while my W H Visa is active? 2018/2/25 15:10
When you leave, you return the resident card to the immigration officer at theairport, thereby invalidating the current status you have (working holiday). That way when you come back again (for pure tourist activities I guess?) you will be given Temporary Visitor status up to the number of days your nationality allows.
But this way you will be giving up about two months of time on working holiday status, but I guess you are ok with that.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread