Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kabuto-mushi, Tombo, Zemi, Hotaru in Japan? 2018/2/27 21:37
Do you know someone among your friends who like living beatles, or Kabuto-mushi, and keeping them living in Japan? Do really people (or only children?) like to play with Kabuto-mushi, Tombo, Zemi, Hotaru in Japan? Thank you.
by Zemiko  

Re: Kabuto-mushi, Tombo, Zemi, Hotaru in Japan? 2018/2/28 15:53
To Hotaru (firefly). I wouldnft say that people PLAY with them, but there are definitely festivals and other events to go see them and that is fun. I went to one in Tokyo (I think Kugayama) and it was fun. These fireflies are essentially breed for the occasion. There are other festivals in restaurants or also in more rural places.

No idea about other insects as I am not really into them.

Enjoy your insects!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kabuto-mushi, Tombo, Zemi, Hotaru in Japan? 2018/2/28 18:16
Yes, most boys and a lot of girls as well as adults regardless of gender love to play along with them in one way or another!

Kabuto-mushi (unicorn beetle) are common as pets. You can either catch them in the mountains, or buy them at kabutomushi pet shops. Tombo (dragonflies), kids commonly catch and release them with nets. They'll eat the mosquitoes for you too. I assume you mean "semi" (cicada), and they're all over the place in summer, and we enjoy watching how they age or feel the season from their various cries. Hotaru (fireflies) live only near clear waters, but can still be seen in certain ponds even in urban places. People all over the world try to catch them for a second in their hands!
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread