Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

blythe, pullip doll conventions in Kansai? 2018/3/6 11:20
Is there any doll conventions of blythe and pullip dolls in the Kansai area like Osaka or Kobe or Himeji? I would like to go to a doll convention and I have seen some blogs in Japanese about past doll conventions but I cannot find any info on a schedule of doll conventions coming up anywhere. Is there such a thing held in the Kansai region, or these types of events are only available in Tokyo?
by dolly (guest)  

Re: blythe, pullip doll conventions in Kansai? 2018/3/6 23:00
Hi!

I don't know if there are any specific Bythe only doll meet ups in Japan you would need to follow circles that specifically just do Blythe clothes, but I suspect there isn't.

http://www.idollweb.net/

Is a great series of doll events. They are not one style specific but there will be people selling Blythe outfits there and they do hold events in Kansai. I've also seen some doll things at Comic Cities in Osaka. But it's much more limited than i Doll.

The other big doll events I know of in Japan are the Dolpas sponsored by Volks and Doll Show. I don't think Doll Show has a Kansai subsidiary. Dolpas are held in Osaka, but they don't have a lot of 1/6 since Volks has been banking on their larger dolls.

Hope this is helpful!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: blythe, pullip doll conventions in Kansai? 2018/3/9 17:22
thanks for the link! that idoll website is helpful, there is a doll convention coming up in Osaka in June I see, I definitely want to go to it.
by dolly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: blythe, pullip doll conventions in Kansai? 2018/3/11 00:04
Hi!

I'm not sure where you are from, but doll events in Japan are very different from ones in the US at least. Most focus on selling items for dolls (clothes and various accessories) vs. selling actual dolls unless a company is helping to sponsor it and they are selling their own dolls or people are selling a new doll they created. I have seen some used 1/6 dolls for sale, but it's very limited and I think for Blythe you mostly see clothes/eyes.

There is some socializing, but it's a lot of selling and only people who have paid for a table can sell.

However, if you can speak Japanese it can be a great way to meet other collectors. I went to iDoll Osaka around 10 years ago and overall found it small but super friendly. You can collect business cards from the circles you like and try to follow them for any other upcoming events.

Good luck and enjoy the event!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: blythe, pullip doll conventions in Kansai? 2018/3/11 22:32
Thank you! :) I already have a doll so I am not worried if they don't sell the dolls there, but I am looking for clothes, accessories, or whatever else can accompany my doll (props, furniture, miniatures, etc), so its perfectly ok if they focus on selling clothes and accessories mainly rather than the actual dolls :) and getting connections in the community is nice too through their business cards.
by dolly (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread