Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakushima and Tanegashima Time 2018/3/6 20:01
Hi All,

I'm currently thinking of visiting Kagoshima prefecture for 2 weeks a little after christmas (2 weeks or so). Do you think 4 nights for Yakushima and Tanegashima sounds about right (2 nights each). I'd catch ferries and hire a car on the respective islands to get around.

Yakushima really needs no introduction, but has anyone visited Tanegashima??? Let's just say that my trip to Okinawa was a little too enjoyable - thus the wanting to visit some larger Japanese islands that I have not already visited....
by mfedley  

Re: Yakushima and Tanegashima Time 2018/3/7 15:48
I was in Yakushima in June 2016 for 4 nights and was able to do what i came for. I still felt regreat that i didnt stay for 1 week , though, as i really enjoyed the tranquil athmosphere on that island.

If you go by jetfoli/ferry, have a plan B ready in case they get cancelled (which they do once in a while, depending on season). I was lucky and got back to Kagoshima on the only jetfoil that day, due to an observant and kind host who drove us down to the terminal.
by Gerusama rate this post as useful

Re: Yakushima and Tanegashima Time 2018/3/10 19:50
bump....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread