Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Enter as tourist before active student visa 2018/3/6 23:26
I am planning to study abroad in Tokyo beginning in September.
I was hoping to go to Japan before that (around august 1st) to visit my friends and go up to Akita for the kanto matsuri.
I have no clue yet when my student visa will be active.
Is it possible to enter the country as a tourist, then have my student visa activated while I'm there?
would I have to leave the country first?
would it automatically become active, or do I need to bring it somewhere?
has anyone had experience doing something like this?

by Carrie710  

Re: Enter as tourist before active student visa 2018/3/7 11:31
Answer is NO
you will need to go out from japan to apply for your Visa with COE. because you applied for COE from Outside Japan.
by chike20 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread