Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Free space in Tokyo for Choir Practice 2018/3/8 10:16
Dear Everyone, my name is Amelia from Jakarta, Indonesia.
I'm asking about is there any free space in Tokyo for Choir Practice ?

I have a group that they will attend Tokyo International Choir Competition 2018 on July 28th.
If you guys have an information about that, will be appreciate.
Thank you,
by memellss  

Re: Free space in Tokyo for Choir Practice 2018/3/9 06:10
any free space in Tokyo for Choir Practice ?

I'm in a number of music groups, and I have found the the best bets for finding free space for music rehearsals are 1). kominkan (community centers run by the city government); 2). churches; and 3). cafes.

To use a kominkan free, you may have to register your group. Go to your local kominkan and ask.

To use a church, it helps to have a connection. Perhaps one of your choir members also sings in a church choir.

As for cafes, try a place run by a foreigner, or a cafe that has a piano and encourages music making. Hang out there and get to know the owner, and ask if you can come in after hours, perhaps for a modest fee (eg: everyone agrees to buy a beverage). Or offer to provide some free music during business hours.

If nothing pans out, see if one of your choir members goes to a university. If so, he/she should be able to sign up for a room on campus for no fee.

And if you still don't have any luck, you could try contacting the competition organizers and asking for their advice.

Good luck!

by Sei Ongaku (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread