Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 days Japan Trip 2018/3/10 01:59
I'm travelling with my husband and my 3yrs old son to Nagoya on 5th April - 14th April. This is our second visit to Japan but it's the first time for my son. We have been to various places (kyoto, osaka, tokyo, kawaguchiko, hiroshima, takayama) during the last trip, we thought to have more relax and layback trip this time, however we are stuck in planning the itinerary. PLEASE HELP !

Initially that's what we plan:
5th April - Arrive Nagoya 21:10, stay in Nagoya
6th April - Travel to Kanazawa, sightseeing in Kanazawa, stay in Kanazawa (Activate JR 7days pass)
7th April - Day trip to Shirakawago
8th April - Sightseeing in Kanazawa, Stay in Kanazawa
9th April - ** Initial plan is to travel from Kanazawa to Hakone, Sightseeing in Hakone, stay in Hakone
10th April - ** Sightseeing in Hakone, Stay in Hakone
11th April - Travel back to Nagoya, sightseeing in Nagoya, stay in Nagoya
12th April - Day trip to Himeji, dinner at Kobe beef, stay in Nagoya (we missed it last trip, last day of JR 7days pass)
13th April - Sightseeing in Nagoya, stay in Nagoya
14th April - Sightseeing in Nagoya, depart Nagoya at 16:15

** This is where we were stuck, initially we plan to travel from Kanazawa to Hakone and stay there for 2 nights. We preferred to stay in a hotel with in-room private bath like what we did last time in Fuji Kawaguchiko, but after going thru the list of hotels in Hakone, we couldn't find a hotel up to Fuji Kawaguchiko standard, most of the room / hotels in Hakone looks bit outdated and old. Therefore we thought to drop Hakone.

We have few questions here:
1. Initially, we thought to purchase 7 days JR pass because we want to travel to Hakone from Kanazawa, but if we drop Hakone, do you have any other suggestion/places worth visiting ? We prefer more relax, scenery places with a nice hotel.

2. What if we extend one more day in Kanazawa (6th - 10th) and stay in Nagoya for the rest of our trip (11th - 14th) ? Will it be too many days ? As it seems like nothing much to cover in these two city.

3. Any other suggestion on our itinerary ? Or any places worth visiting ? We are still very flexible to change our plan...

4. Kyoto, Osaka, Takayama was not in our list as we spent almost 10 days on these 3 cities last trip and cover most of the places d.. So we thought to go other place this time...

Would appreciate all expert here to help and suggest :)
Thanks

by suezk  

Re: 10 days Japan Trip 2018/3/10 16:29
What about Hirayu onsen instead of Hakone. It is close to Takayama. And has a lot of great rotenburo. There might be some rooms with private onsen, but the best thing (for me and most Japanese) is the shared onsen experience outside in the nature.

Eg you could do Nagoya-Kanazawa-Shirakawa (if you have time and transport go to Ainokura) -Takayama - Hirayu onsen - Nagoya and then Kobe/Himeji or Hikone as daytrips from Nagoya. Ifm no expert on train passes but it makes gut be that there is some Chubu one that could cover some parts.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread