Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tourist visa 2018/3/15 05:53
Hi everyone,

Beginning of April I will be doing a language course in Tokyo for a total of 3 months and after that Ifm planning to do some additional traveling for 1 month. So I will be staying in Japan for 4 months. My tourist visa might be a problem as it only lets me stay for 90 days. I already talked to my Japanese embassy and they suggested to leave the country when my visa ends (for example take a trip to South-Korea) and come back. Then I will get an additional 90 days. However, I was thinking about maybe going to South-Korea during Golden week as my language institute will be closed during that period. Will I then get a new 90 days stamp when entering Japan again or do I first have to finish the first 90 days to get a second 90 days stamp? I hope my question makes some sense!
by DanielleHuijts  

Re: Tourist visa 2018/3/15 14:09
You would get another 90 days upon re-entering Japan, if you stay 2 weeks or 10 weeks.
That said, there is no guarantee and they are not obligated to automatically let you back in to Japan. You might get questioned on why you are trying to return to Japan so soon. But as long as they don't think anything shady is going on, probably you won't have any trouble.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist visa 2018/3/16 05:03
Perfect! Thanks Ken for your answer.
by DanielleHuijts rate this post as useful

reply to this thread