Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Oze National Park in April 2018/3/17 18:35
Can we know if we're able to enter Oze National Park in the second week of April? This is more for the Hatomachitoge Pass? Thanks!
by Roger (guest)  

Re: Oze National Park in April 2018/3/18 15:03
The road to Hatomachitoge is scheduled to open on April 20 this year.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Oze National Park in April 2018/3/18 15:42
Hi Uji,

Thanks for the reply! Does that mean that we can't go into the national park even if we have our own car?
If that is so, would you have any other recommendations for hiking/nature around the Nikko area?

Thank you!
by Roger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Oze National Park in April 2018/3/18 16:11
The road to the Oshimizu trail head is scheduled to open already on April 13, 2018.

Also, I am not sure how much snow is still left in mid April. I think quite a bit. The hiking trails may not be passable without special equippment. I am not sure.

Re: Oze National Park in April 2018/3/18 16:15
The Okunikko region does not usually have too much snow in April. Many of the trails should be walkable. And when there is snow, it is possible to rent snowshoes.

Note also that the road that directly connects Nikko with Oze is closed until April 25.

Re: Oze National Park in April 2018/3/18 19:45
Thanks for the information Uji! (:
This is very useful!
by Roger (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread