Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari Shrine and Himeiji castle 2018/3/27 19:38
I am planning to visit Fushimi Inari Shrine and Himeiji castle in a day.

In the morning, I will drop my luggage at Kyoto hotel before heading to Fushimi Inari Shrine and Himeiji castle.

Do you think it is possible to do these within a day?

How do I get from Fushimi Inari Shrine to Himeiji castle?
by Clarie  

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine and Himeiji castle 2018/3/28 07:32
That should be no problem.

In order to get from Fushimi Inari to Himeji, take the JR Nara Line from Inari Station to Kyoto Station and then either the shinkansen or the special rapid all the way to Himeji:
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari Shrine and Himeiji castle 2018/3/29 03:54
Hi Clarie,

I am not sure where you arriving from before you go drop your luggage off at your Kyoto Hotel or what time in the morning you are referring to . If you are planning to go to the top of Fushimi Inari it can take 2 hours up and back if you are a moderately fast walker. Between 10 - 4 there are small shops and food places open. On my last trip my friends and I stopped for Ice Cream on the way back down. Very good. Though the food places and bathrooms on the way up Fushimi Inari do have an opening and closing time, Fushimi Inari is opened 24/7. There are bathrooms right outside the station that are opened 24/7 if you are there early in the day or late at night. My first trip I went up at 9pm and say the city lite up, it was beautiful.

However, Himeji is beautiful and has a beautiful park right next to it that is worth checking out. You could easily spend 4 hours to close here. It has a lot to see between the castle and park. Given that Fushimi Inari is opened 24/7 you might want to head to Himeji first and do Fushimi Inari second. Himeji has free volunteers that if requested can show you around Himeji and give you a history on the site. There are only so many volunteers, but If you get there in the morning you have a higher chance they would be available when you make the request. I got there an hour after they opened and the guide was friendly and knowledgeable, spoke excellent English.

In the Ko Koen garden right next to the castle there is a small tea house overlooking a garden. They close an hour or so before the gates to the garden are closed. You can get a nice cup of green tea and a sweet; sit on the floor and look over a peaceful Zen garden while you enjoy your food. My friends and I just walked in, no reservation needed.

You can easily do both in a day, but you should consider the operating times for Himeji and how long you want to budget time there.

You will have a great day whatever order you decide. Both places are very memorable.
by Kishi020 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread