Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

PR Question: Working wife 2018/3/31 18:59
Info: Mid-20s, Asian, married for 5 years.

Do you think having a job (better than my Japanese husband's) will have any influence on my PR application? (The immigration probably expects me to be a housewife and produce taxpayers.) I'm planning to apply in a few months.

How many months does it usually take? Any info on police checks? Social media checks?

Open marriage/extramarital affair, will this have any impact on my application?

Considering divorce after a while due to verbal abuse and irreconcilable differences... any tips?
by Nyanyadzi (guest)  

Re: PR Question: Working wife 2018/4/1 13:57
- For PR, they want to see if you are contributing to the "Japanese society" - so if you have a job and are paying taxes in Japan, that would work in your favor (as far as I know). In comparison, for Spouse of Japanese, they had more emphasis on the Japanese spouse's ability to support themselves.

- In our case (non-Japanese husband switching from Spouse of Japanese to PR), it took almost six months from application to approval.
No police check and no social media check as far as I know (husband doesn't use any SNS, but they never even asked).

- I have no idea. But if you have been living under the same roof...

Sorry about your marital situation, BTW.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: PR Question: Working wife 2018/4/1 14:23
I know someone who got the PR application denied. He got a response about two months after the application.
The guy I know had an issue with his wife before the application. His wife reported him to the police. He was temporarily detained for couple of days. He didnft go to jail because his wife forgave him.
His permanent residence application has been denied.
So yes, they check police records. Background check is inevitable. They canft grant PR to anyone.
Working and paying taxes is always good.
by Justagaijin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: PR Question: Working wife 2018/4/1 15:00
Thank you so much for the replies! I'm glad to hear that not being a housewife and having a better job than my husband won't negatively influence my application. I just thought that my financial independence would make the immigration think that I'm not doing my duties as a spouse.

I've never been detained or anything and it's an open relationship so I think I'm fine. (I really hope so...)
by Nyanyadzi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread