Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/5 21:19
Can we reserve seats on the JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako? If not, is it usually full during the Autumn season? I would not want to be standing for 2 hours on this route. Thank you.
by TripHunting  

Re: JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/6 10:11
Right now the buses are not running, and information is not available (or if it is, it's about last year and may change). Come back later.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/6 12:55

I departed from Aomori October 2 years ago. Initially thought a reservation was needed, hence a reservation was made a day before from the JR bus office across the Aomori station. However, on the day of the departure, I noticed many boarded without reservations, just produced their JR Passes. By the way, the bus was less than half full.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/6 18:06
It's rather odd that the english language page for JR Tohoku bus recommends obtaining reserved seat tickets but the japanese language page states the opposite, reservations are not possible. http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail/?PID=9&RID=13&BID=475

In any case, I took the bus from Aomori Station to Towada last autumn and they brought in 4 buses to handle all the waiting passengers for the 8am bus so everyone got a seat. On the trip to Hachinohe from Towada the next day I noticed the driver performing a head count at both Yasumiya and Nenokuchi so I'm sure they would have added an extra bus had one been needed.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/6 18:28
I saw the Japanese language website for JR bus, it is said that you donft need to reserve seats, if it is fully booked, a additional bus will be operated.

http://www.jrbustohoku.co.jp/route/detail/?PID=1&RID=1&BID=474
by Tohoku resident (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/6 19:47
Thank you for your help.
by TripHunting rate this post as useful

Re: JR Bus between Hachinohe Station and Towadako 2018/4/6 19:50
I can attest to the last statement. On one of my visits to Towadako, I left from Aomori Station. There were already two buses full and a third had just pulled up for the same departure time slot. Reserving a seat helps them estimate how many buses may be needed, but it is not necessary, as on another visit, from Hachinohe Station this time, I had my seat reservation ticket separate from my JR Pass. When the driver glanced over and saw I had the pass, he waved me in, without looking at the date or even giving me time to produce the ticket. The bus was 20% full.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread