Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sanno matsuri 2018/4/7 01:59
Hello! Can someone give me details about Sanno matsuri in Tokyo? I will be visiting Japan with two friends and we arrive on the 11th. We know that the main parade takes place on the 10th, but the event lasts for a few more days after that too, right? What is there to see and do? Any recommendations on activities or events? Or is it not worth it to stay after the parade event is over? We plan on visiting Hokkaido afterwards so we want to know whether we should spend the first couple of days in Tokyo or head straight up north. Thank you in advance
by Vasi (guest)  

Re: Sanno matsuri 2018/4/7 12:26
No, the main parade is on June 8, 2018. The map on the following page shows details. Although the details are for 2018, I doubt that there will be major changes. Some timings may differ a little:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3065.html

I am not aware of other major events. And frankly: I personally found even the main parade a little underwhelming, especially when it proceeded along just partially closed roads next to busy traffic.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Sanno matsuri 2018/4/8 00:47
Thank you for your reply, itfs really helpful as wefve had no feedback on the matsuri so far.. at least we will now know what to expect or not in case we do visit
by Vasi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread