Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama or Kanazawa for sleeping? 2018/4/9 07:49
Hello,

I have a little hesitation on a part of my itinerary: Here are my two proposals for itineraries:

Itinerary A:

Okuhida to Takayama by bus in the morning at 9:15 to arrive at 10:15 and stay until 17:05 in the city to take the train to Kanazawa arrived 19:30. In the evening we could go for a walk in Kanazawa.
- Kanazawa all day and sleep in the same place.
- Kanazawa to Kyoto

Or : Itinerary B:

Okuhida to Takayama same trip then all day to Takayama.
Takayama (7:15) to Kanazawa (10:45) then all day and sleep.
Kanazawa to Kyoto

I'm afraid I can not see the main sights of the city when I arrive in Kanazawa at this time and I have the impression that Takayama is less simpatic to stay in the evening than Kanazawa, but it may be that an impression .

I would like a little help thanks :)
by Mathis (guest)  

Re: Takayama or Kanazawa for sleeping? 2018/4/9 14:04
Hi. It depends on what you like and where you are staying. Kanazawa has more going on at night than Takayama, but I like the older part of Takayama to stay at night because it has a lot of character. Takayama is also really good for an early morning walk
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama or Kanazawa for sleeping? 2018/4/9 14:31

A would be a preferred option. Nothing after dark in Takayama.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama or Kanazawa for sleeping? 2018/4/9 15:35
i think also Option A is better, since Kanazawa is the bigger city and will probably take more time.
also hotels might be cheaper.
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Takayama or Kanazawa for sleeping? 2018/4/10 14:13
Definitely Kanazawa, Takayama hotels are less to choose from, and food in Takayama is overpriced and not filling/small portion because it became too touristy internationally so the town took advantage to hike the price and give small amount of food, there is only one grocery store in the tourist area and its very tiny with not much stuff, the only other grocery store is on the outskirt of town which is not in access to tourists coming by public transportation. There are only overpriced restaurants to choose from and not a lot of restaurants. Gift/souvenir shops and museums close early so there is nothing to do in the evening. But it is nice to visit during the day of course. Kanazawa has its famous garden, and it is a moderately sized city so plenty of restaurants to choose from and activities to do at night.
by m. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread