Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which IC Card to use? 2018/4/9 08:26
Hello!

I just have a question about IC Card use. I plan to go to Japan with my family in June and we will be going from Narita airport and using the bullet train to go to Osaka, Kyoto and back to Tokyo. When we're in Tokyo, we will also be planning to visit Mt. Fuji for a day trip and back to Tokyo.

I was wondering which IC card to use so we can use the metro and buses when we're in Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo. I was trying to get information through the site to see if we can buy just one for all three cities plus a JR pass for the bullet train or do we need to buy three separate passes for all three cities.

Thank you so much for your time!
by infntforsky  

Re: Which IC Card to use? 2018/4/9 08:49
Any of the ten cards listed on the following page will work in all major cities:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

Specifically, at Narita Airport, you can buy a Suica card through JR or a Pasmo card through Keisei Railways. And in the Osaka/Kyoto area you can buy an Icoca card through JR.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread