Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

planning route/itinerary 2018/4/11 04:12
Hello- I am planning a trip to Japan in October and am having a really hard time planning the best route. I want to visit Tokyo with a day trip to hakone/mount fuji, Kyoto with a day trip to Kobe and Osaka, and then to the benesse house in the art islands for one night, Hiroshima and miyajima. and to ryokan i was referred to in kanazawa in kagaonsen and then to see the snow monkeys which i believe is near nagano.

So my initial thought was:

fly into Tokyo for 5 nights, then to Kyoto and use the first day of the JR line pass for 3 nights with a day trip to kobe and a day trip to Osaka with Kyoto being my home base so that i don't have to switch hotels each night, then from Kyoto i would go to Uno and take the ferry to the benesse house in Naoshima for one night, then on to Hiroshima/miyojima, from there to kanzawa for one night then to nagano for one night, then back to Tokyo.

is this the best route to go?? would you recommend to stay in Hiroshima or miyojima? and

any advice on the best hotel/ryokan to see the snow monkeys bath in the hot springs? is nagano the correct place to stay to see them?

i really need some advice, thanks in advance!!

help on ryokans/hotel is all wanted
by lexiediner  

Re: planning route/itinerary 2018/4/11 14:08
Tokyo Kyoto Naoshima Hiroshima Kanazawa Nagano Tokyo

Where you stay is up to you. Plenty of hotel reviews out there on the world wide web.

For Hiroshima and Miyajima, it is recommended to have close to two full days. Don't try to jam them all into one day. Coming from Naoshima, you could arrive at lunch, visit the city sights, then visit Miyajima and then onto Kanazawa the next day. Whether you stay in Miyajima or Hiroshima is up to you. They both have pros and cons. Much cheaper in Hiroshima for a hotel, much quieter on Hiroshima when all tourist are gone.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: planning route/itinerary 2018/4/11 16:41
My two pen'north (2 cents for Americans :) ) You say you don't want to change hotels that often & then stay 1 night in a lot of places. Unless you are desperate to stay at the Benesse House I would consider staying in Okayama or Kurashiki & doing day trips to Naoshima & Hiroshima. You will see on Hyperdia that they are both well under an hour away by train. If you do want to keep to this schedule then stay in Hiroshima. There are many more hotel options in the city and it is a really nice place. If this were my trip then I would probably be happier with one less destination & an extra day somewhere. Probably either Kyoto or Kanazawa & missing Nagano, but that's just me.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: planning route/itinerary 2018/4/11 18:06
I would definitely stay at Benesse if you can swallow the cost, and assuming you like art and architecture.
Also, I would consider going Okayama (great garden) to Uno to Naoshima to Takamatsu (donft miss Ritsurin Gardens), then a train to Dogo Onsen, then ferry to Hiroshima if you have the time for that.
It saves you doing the Uno ferry twice (and train from Uno to Okayama takes around 1 hour so itfs a bit of a trek), and you get to see a great garden and to bathe in a historic onsen into the bargain.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread