Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

yakushima initiary 2018/4/13 23:44
Hi ,

We are planning to travel to yakushima with the hibiscus ferry and arive at 7 am. We have this day and the next and the day after we travel back to kagoshima.

At yakushima we want to hike the Shiratani trail to Mount Miyanoura and camp the night at a hut. Next dat we will travel back via Arakawa trail and take the last bus back. The next and last morning we need to be back in Kagoshima at 7 pm to take te last train connection to Osaka. We are in doubt if to take the jetfoil (instead of the much cheaper car ferry 2) because this gives us a extra morning for yakusugi land.

What are your thoughts on this? Many thanks.
by Mike02  

Re: yakushima initiary 2018/4/15 19:47
My thoughts are you should not waste time on the slow ferries and get the jet foil. Consider the value of your time and the cost of getting to Japan. If you have lots of time and you are in Japan for a long time, then slow travel is ok.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: yakushima initiary 2018/4/15 21:19
I went to Yakushima by the jet foil last year.
It was good choice, because the sea wave was terrible.
I could see that the jet foil got small effect of wave.

I recommend you to take jet foil.
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: yakushima initiary 2018/4/16 05:40
Thanks!
by Mike02 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread