Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gifts from USA for Japanese colleagues 2018/4/15 02:00
I used to work for Japan Office before moving to USA few years ago, I am visiting Japan and would like to bring some gifts for my ex colleagues of Japan office
Looking for ideas, especially on what would a Japanese man in his mid 40s to mid 50s, be excited to have from USA. Budget is 50-100 US$
Branded Necktie or high end pen comes to my mind but want to have your suggestions
I know them fairly well so donft have to worry about offending or embarrassing them by accepting gift
by K (guest)  

Re: Gifts from USA for Japanese colleagues 2018/4/15 18:05
if you know them fairly well, then you ought to be able to dig a bit deeper and come up with something other than a pen or a necktie.

What do they like? Or what's meaningful from where you live that you could give? Or what experiences have you shared with them in the past that makes you know them fairly well? Mull it over and you'll probably come up with something good.

by O. Miyage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gifts from USA for Japanese colleagues 2018/4/15 18:24
Do they drink wine?
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gifts from USA for Japanese colleagues 2018/4/16 00:15
Give them some chocolates From your HomeTown or your Holy Book written in English.
They will Be surprised if you give them Holy Book written in Japanese.
My Shinto and Buddhist Friend always Feel happy to read other religion.
by roy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gifts from USA for Japanese colleagues 2018/4/16 00:15
I'm a clerk at a publisher. My boss was happy when an American colleague gave her a boll-point pen with a big President Trump head on top, which is (a bit annoyingly) always on her desk. I'm not sure what kind of people you work with but I think something funny is better than expensive stuff. Amongst Japanese people, local delicacies are always appreciated and appropriate. Hope it helps.
by neko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread