Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

questions about PR 2018/4/20 11:57
I got married in 2016 and I went back to my home country for some time because there was some family issues

I returned to japan in 2017 and have been living in japan Ever since. This year I have been married 2 years

later this year I must renew my Visa. I'm currently on a 1 year visa, and I'm assuming They will give me another 1 year visa this year " I've heard they do a lot of 1-1-3 year visa's"

If that is correct, I might get a 3 year visa when I renew next year

if I get a 3 year visa next year, I want to apply for PR. From what I have seen/ read I will meet the requirements I will have been married for 3 years + at that time I will have been living in japan without leaving the country for 2 years

what are my chances of getting my PR at that point?

I have health insurance and I pay the tax + pension Every month + I have never had any trouble with the law or any infractions

I have only worked for one company in japan and I started last year. I was wondering if I change companies if it looks bad for my PR application? I've heard it's better not to change your jobs much

I've been under the impression it's better for me if I stick with the same company until I apply for my PR because it raises my chances. whether that is true or not I don't know

though, I found another company where the work hours are much better, I get paid more money and The work is MUCH easier on my body! it's all upside to changing my job But if it hurts my chances of getting PR, Then I don't want to do it

I tried to give as much information as possible, sorry for the long post!

My questions are: with the information, what are my chances of getting PR? / Does changing jobs change my chances of getting PR?

any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

by PDGY  

Re: questions about PR 2018/4/20 16:35
Nobody knows your changes.
You can apply both you renal as well as for PR.
You just need to wait for the result to come.
Nothing to lose.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: questions about PR 2018/4/21 04:30
Changing job has no impact on PR, so long you are employed, pay taxes and no criminal history. You should be ok
Wait until you get 3 years visa tho, there is no hurry I guess for you, if you can change job
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread