Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teaching work in Kamishiohoro, Hokkaido? 2018/4/20 20:14
Ok, so I made a post on hay fever before but I have questions specifically about this town in Hokkaido that is supposed to be this "pollen resort"?

While I don't mind relaxing symptom-free in a resort for a week or two, it would be even better to live in a place like this. My hay fever is just too terrible to deal with anymore. I take medicines for it, but they only help so much (which isn't enough). It feels like I'm slowly developing asthma.

I did some research on this town, but it seems like it is such a small place that they most likely don't even have any English schools there...

Would living within the Tokachi subprefecture nearby Kamishiohoro town be alright too or is this town literally the only place in Hokkaido that doesn't have pollen floating around?

If this is the case, I might seriously consider finding an English school in Naha or Okinawa and relocating there...although I'm not a big fan of the US military presence there. I like to keep my hair short and I keep my body in shape, so I would definitely be seen as a soldier. I do not want to be seen as a US soldier since a lot of them get up to some really stupid things in Okinawa that I don't want to be a part of in any way.

Anyway, if I need to relocate to Okinawa...are there a decent amount of English teaching opportunities there? Are there areas that aren't heavily populated with belligerent US soldiers?
by blondesurferboy  

reply to this thread