Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass from Nagoya to Matsumoto 2018/4/23 22:50
Hi,

I have 1 day in Nagoya and I am very interested in going to visit Matsumoto in Nagano prefecture. I have a JR pass and I know I can take the JR Shinano to Matsumoto with the pass. My question is do I need to make any reservation for this ride? Or I can just show my JR pass at the gate for the conductor to let me through?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer. Thanks for all your help.
by Justin (guest)  

Re: JR Pass from Nagoya to Matsumoto 2018/4/24 04:49
The Shinano has both reserved and unreserved cars, so you can just turn up if you want to.
We took that train a couple of weeks ago. IIRC, they go every hour.
Enjoy Matsumoto!
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass from Nagoya to Matsumoto 2018/4/24 05:15
Oh, and therefs no refreshments sold on the Shinano- so stock up in Nagoya, where there are plenty of ekiben and snack options in the station (and even on the platform that the train leaves from).
Itfs a nice ride with good views in places. A bit bumpy at times, but comfy seats with lots of room, and luggage space at at least one end of each car. If you need lockers at Matsumoto, take the main exit from the station and as you go down the escalators there are lockers on your right as you come off the first escalator and before you get on the second one (or turn immediately left once outside and there are also lockers there. Y600 for a large locker).
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread