Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student and Tourist Visas 2018/5/3 03:52
I have kind of a unique situation coming up this summer where I had a trip to Japan planned in June and a study abroad for school stating in Sept. Originally I was planning to come back to the states for a couple months before returning for study abroad.

Recently I was offered an internship in Osaka that would cover the months between the end of my trip and the beginning or study abroad. This is an unpaid internship that uses a tourist visa. A 90 day tourist visa will stretch from the beginning of my trip in June (June 14-30) to the beginning of my student visit (Sept 7 or 8).

My question is if Ifm allowed to go from a tourist visa straight into a student one? Do I have to leave the country? And then come back?

(On a related note, to get the US tourist visa you need to have a return flight within 90 days but I wonft because Ifm staying on with my student visa. So thatfs confusing too.)
by Elivira  

reply to this thread