Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Strange relentless cough for about a month? 2018/5/8 00:17
Ok, so last year I experienced this same cough. I'm thinking it must be related to my hay fever or allergies in general, but I don't know for sure.

Last year was my first year experiencing this, but at the time I thought it was just a cold strain that comes with a particularly die hard cough.

Around the same time this year, I have noticed the same cough. I have taken various cough and cold medicines and nothing seems to relieve it. I have no other symptoms, so I highly doubt it is a cold.

Has anyone living here in Japan experienced this dry cough that can last up to a month or more?

I sometimes have really bad coughing fits to the point where it hurts my chest and back. There is no phlegm, so I highly doubt it is a lung infection, but I will visit my allergy doctor again soon and ask him about it.
by blondesurferboy  

Re: Strange relentless cough for about a month? 2018/5/8 12:28
Go see a doctor, do a allergy check or medical check if you want to know what you have.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Strange relentless cough for about a month? 2018/5/8 22:09
Had a feeling nobody else was suffering from this. I plan to go to see my doctor tomorrow to figure out what it is and at least leave the clinic with some cough medicine along with whatever else I need.
by blondesurferboy rate this post as useful

Re: Strange relentless cough for about a month? 2018/5/9 00:41
RE; cough. That can be caused by post nasal drip from allergies. Buy some over the counter decongestants and/or antihistamines and try for a week or two to see if your cough goes away. If it doesn't get better see the doctor.
by sjvacc rate this post as useful

Re: Strange relentless cough for about a month? 2018/5/9 08:32
If it is a dry caught, it might be very easily a psycho-somatic one. maybe you got much stress currently?
by Glimpigumpi rate this post as useful

Re: Strange relentless cough for about a month? 2018/5/9 17:51
You know, it could be psychosomatic.

I say this because I started running my humidifier last night in my sealed off living room and thought my cough was gone. It sure seemed that way until my roommate mentioned that she noticed my cough calmed down...then my focus was back on the cough and I started coughing again...

Stressed a little due to waiting for the permanent residence application results along with just hoping to find a new job that pays decent enough.
by blondesurferboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread