Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One day Fushimi-Inari and Kurama Itinerary 2018/5/12 17:45
Hi, I will be visiting Kyoto soon, staying near the Gojo station area. Will it be too rushed if I wanted to fit in visits to bothFushimi-Inari and Kurama/Kibune in one day? I plan to take public transportation (train) to both places. Thanks.
by Drew (guest)  

Re: One day Fushimi-Inari and Kurama Itinerary 2018/5/12 19:40
Depending on what you'd like to do in Kurama/Kibune, e.g. will you be hiking the Kurama-Kibune path, and whether you'll be taking the cable car up at Kurama. Also depends whether you'll be only visiting Fushimi Inari or hike all the way up.

If you will only visits the temples at both Kurama and Kibune, it can fit, especially if you're going in summer when daylight time is long. I went there last Oct, walking from Kibune to the temple (instead of taking bus), took train to Kurama and hike up + cable car down. We started at 830am, ended at 1:30pm, but we took it slow and plenty of photo taking. It's still reasonable time for Fushimi Inari.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: One day Fushimi-Inari and Kurama Itinerary 2018/5/13 08:25
Yes is it doable. But a lot of uphill walking if you do both route to the fullest.

Fushimi Inari is about 2-3 hours if you walk to the top.

I haven't done the Kurama to Kifune, but I read it is a half day ie- 4 hours if you bus it back from Kifune to the train station.

I say go for it if your leg are up to the challenge. They are easily linked by public transport, (and to your hotel), so travel wont be an issue on the day.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread