Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Multiple residences and Juminhyo 2018/5/13 15:31
I have a house in Niigata (purchased) which was my main residence and I also have a rental apartment in Okinawa prefecture and planning a buy a house in Okinawa. I have my juminhyo registered in Niigata prefecture with Niigata address.

I'm planning to live more permanently in Okinawa and come to visit Niigata for a few months every year.

Do I need to cancel my Niigata juminhyo and apply for a new one in Okinawa? Or can I have my address updated to Okinawa address on my Niigata juminhyo? If the latter, do I do this in Niigata or in Okinawa?

I tried to buy a car in Okinawa and I was told that I need an Okinawa juminhyo. If I only update my address on the juminhyo to Okinawa but remains a Niigata juminhyo, will I be able to buy a car?

Thank you
by hevene  

Re: Multiple residences and Juminhyo 2018/5/13 20:28
What you need to do is go to your city office in Niigata and complete the move-out procedure, then go to the one in Okinawa and complete the move-in one. Then you will be registered as resident in Okinawa (and not in Niigata any more) and you can obtain a juminhyo copy in Okinawa.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread