Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hakone day trip question 2018/5/14 19:21
Hi! Wefre planning a day trip to hakone and desperately need help! We will have jr passes and come from Tokyo/Shinjuku. We plan to get a hakone free pass - where do we purchase them from on the day and where will our jr passes get us to? Once in hakone wefd like to do the rope way, volcano and lake ashi. After lake ashi we want to go yunessun. The trouble is I have no idea how to get to these places particularly from lake aski to yunessun. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as we leave in a week!
by sailormoonswag  

Re: hakone day trip question 2018/5/15 10:55
To odawara. Purchase Hakone free pass there.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: hakone day trip question 2018/5/15 10:58
Hi!

You can get to Odawara via a JR Pass. If timed correctly, you can catch a shinkansen going to Odawara in Shinagawa and take that to Odawara.

If your ending goal is Yunessun I would probably do: Hakone Yumoto to Gora on the Tozan line, then take the cable car to Souzan and then take the ropeway to Togendai (you can stop off in Owakudani and look around the station, but most of it is still closed off) then take the boat across Lake Ashi. At Moto-Hakone there is a bus that stops directly in front of Yunessun/Kowakien. I believe it is the bus going towards Miyanoshita Station. From Yunessun, you can then take a bus back to Hakone Yumoto. I've also walked down to the Tozan line Station. It's easier to do it from Yunessun, as it is all downhill then. I don't think I've done it at night though.

I would price out the 4000 yen 2 day pass from Odawara vs individual fares to make sure you are getting your money's worth since you are not spending 2 days in Hakone.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: hakone day trip question 2018/5/16 21:01
HI,

I had just been there in April by car. It is more convenient and time saving to travel by car .

Morning 7am set off
Yunessun
Hakone Yunessun Buffet Lunch
They have a spa+onsen+ buffet lunch package
Oshino Hakkai Village
Lake Kawaguchiko
Lake Ashi
Owakudani
Odaiba
Evening 8pm back hotel

Hope this can help you.
by Hiroshi2915 rate this post as useful