Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Please help with itinerary 2018/5/25 09:21
Hi everyone,

I am planning a 4 weeks trip in japan. For sure I want to stay in Tokyo and Kyoto, but also do a couple of day trips. And I want to experience more rural and traditional Japan.

Here are the places I want to see so far:

Please help to tell me if it's a good order in which to see the places, and also how long I should stay at each place!

Bonus if you have suggestions of rural japan to visit that are not in my list.

Thank you very much for helping a newbie!!

1. TOKYO

Nagoya

Shirakawa Go

Gokayama

Tsumago-juku

Kiso valley

Magome

2. KYOTO

Nara

3. OKINAWA ?
by Justine (guest)  

Re: Please help with itinerary 2018/5/25 14:01
You could add inner Nara Prefecture (eg Imaicho/Yamaroyagi) to your list. That would tick the box of rural Japan and be quite close to where you go already.
Here some impressions from that area :

http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.nl/2017/11/day-42-roundtrip-through...
http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.nl/2017/11/day-41-nara-to-yamatoyag...

If you like onsen I would also suggest a day in Hirayu onsen close to Takayama. I would not say itfs gruralh itfs more like a mountainous region. (For me thatfs kind of different from rural) but itfs definitely not a city. If you like hiking apparently that region is also great but I have no idea about how it. Only hear that a lot of people go there for hiking (when one could lie so comfortably in an onsen...).

I donft know about Okinawa and you didnft share which time youfre f the year you are going. But potentially also the small islands in the Inland Sea are an option and not far from Kansai. Have a look at Teshima, Inushima etc. info is on this webpage.

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread