Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/26 01:22
Hi,
I tried packing my stuff today and seems the bag is on the limit to over full.

I would need another bag (airline allow two checked bags) like hardcase or something (the one I got is softcsse), but not sure where to find one in Fukuoka city.

Can't put much more in my carry on due to weight limit.

I read Ameyoko might have but Tokyo is a bit far off... Donki?

by Grench (guest)  

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/26 10:04
Any good department store will have a good selection of suitcases, and sports bags, at a variety of prices like Aeon. Otherwise maybe you can use a strong cardboard carton, well taped up and properly addressed.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/26 17:13
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/26 21:06
I checked out Donki today but I think the prices are a bit too high.

A sports bag would probably do as it is only soft stuff, but it looked kinda bulging as I tried packing. Can't be that good.
by Grench (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/27 07:12
Big Yodobashi store south west of Hakata station. Walked past it many times.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/27 18:50
Do check your airline, although some allow two luggage, there is a total weight limit, you can also check carry on baggage, they also have a size limt, and a weight of anything from 7kg to about 10kg or more.
by Kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/27 20:26
@Kms

"I would need another bag (airline allow two checked bags)"

I have checked with the airline yes..

The weight is no problem but the items in the bag.

No problem with the carry on.

I saw some people at the hotel carry around Donki nylon bags of some sort. But maybe they won't make it through the flight.

A cheap sports bag would be fine, as only the clothes that makes the other bag bulge will be in there..

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/27 21:15
Those donky nylon bages, if i'm correct they are usually called red white blue bag in chinese with one zip, but they do have other colors and designs, I've seen them go through, you have to strap it down or use tape, and lots of it to tighten the contents. if you can find one, they are pretty cheap.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/28 00:57
I don't know where to find tape around here though, would need scissors, etc.

I looked through the Yodobashi store mentioned. I think the less expensive was 3000 JPY or so.

I was visiting Fukuoka airport yesterday noticed some kind of bag called journey bag. Seeing a picture of a bag that won't fit into the x Ray machine.

Sold for like 1080 JPY with zip lock but not really sure if it is for carry on or checked in.

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/28 23:26
I purchased a collapsible nylon bag at Tokyo Hands when this happened to me. They have lots of sizes and shapes - and they fold down into a pouch to easily pack for overflow for future travels. The one I got was 3000 yen and it made it through the flight just fine (I put only soft clothes in the nylon bag). Good luck!
by SueMe rate this post as useful

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/29 01:12
I have been looking at some sport bags at Donki, three different ones for 3000 JPY. I think the biggest is about 66 x 30 cm something. Felt sturdy and quite durable.

But of course it cannot be folded. Then there are two others, a smaller and then a backpack combo (possibly foldable).

Seems like the cheapest there is.

Re: Suitcase in Fukuoka 2018/5/31 13:39

You may want to consider a (used) cardboard box, and just buy packing tape from 100yens shop.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread