Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Health insurance claim 2018/5/28 20:29
I will be out of Japan for couple of months , am planing on doing some medical check up and treatment back home , when I return back to Japan can I claim the money I payed, through my Hoken ?
by Ola (guest)  

Re: Health insurance claim 2018/5/29 13:09
Not enough information. What kind of insurance? What kind of treatment?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Health insurance claim 2018/5/29 13:10
yes is possible but need to get some forms from city office ... the doctors that treated you need to sign them...
but need to be careful health fruad can land someone into jail...

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/07/27/national/rolas-dad-arrest...

by chike20 rate this post as useful

Re: Health insurance claim 2018/5/29 14:44
I don't think so. medical check means you are not sick. if so, you can't claim health insurance in Japan.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Health insurance claim 2018/5/29 18:28
Assuming you are talking about national health insurance, you cannot claim the cost for checkup. For treatment, be sure to ask for some form before you leave Japan, and have them filled out by the doctor. You will be reimbursed for the amount of treatment cost equivalent to the amount you would have incurred had you had that treatment in Japan. Of course the treatment must be insurance-eligible in Japan to begin with.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Health insurance claim 2018/5/30 06:30
I think it all depends upon the `illness claim` made by the patient as the reason for the `checkup`. If symptoms suggest a potential illness, then it should still be covered by insurance. It would be important to have the doctor document the patient claim, as well as the procedure codes used.

Also... even if the expense isn`t covered by insurance - the expense can be used to reduce income taxes.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread