Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

DVD/Blue-Ray release in Japan 2018/5/29 00:15
I'm Just curious on the DVD/Blue-ray release for major blockbuster movies, how long does it usually take for them to reach the shelves once they are finished at the cinema. I purchase many US films in Japan, and what I'm really after is the release of the Jurassic world 2 along with the rest as a box set, it will be in the cinema in Hong Kong on June 6th, and I will be visiting Japan Osaka in November 13 for 12 Days.
by kms899  

Re: DVD/Blue-Ray release in Japan 2018/5/29 18:27
Usually takes 4-6 months.
Example:
star wars last jedi theater release: December 2017
Dvd/blu ray: April 2018

If a film didnt do well in sales it gets pushed out earlier. But generally 5 months is the case.
by Hintman (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: DVD/Blue-Ray release in Japan 2018/5/29 20:02
Thanks for the reply, I should of really rephrase it, but this site does not allow you to edited the post after posted, I should really ask, when the movie will be released in Japan rather than Hong Kong, as they usually dub the movie to Japanese language which should delay the release a few weeks or so. Anyway, It will seem like it may not be released on Blue-Ray before my visit, but I hope i'm wrong on this.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: DVD/Blue-Ray release in Japan 2018/5/29 22:07
"when the movie will be released in Japan"
it is planed on July 13, 2018.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: DVD/Blue-Ray release in Japan 2018/5/29 22:37
Thanks for the update.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread