Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/29 22:05
i've been deported since 2008,,that time i used other name in my passport,.the immigration get my fingerprints and retina's info..,that was 10 years ago..,now i get my new passport using my true name.,is there possible that i can re enter to japan and work there?..,and i'm also worrying about the fingerprints scanner in the airport..,are they still detect my past record?if your banned is 5 years are your record automatically lifted in their list??
by angelica panganiban (guest)  

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 12:02
The only people who can answer your questions are those at the japanese embassy and at immigration gates. There is one thing for sure: they keep records indefinitely, so as soon you give your fingerprints they will know who you are and knowing your past you are posing a risk of overstaying.

We are in 2018, the Olympic Games are in 2 years and from what I heard and read is that they aleardy started to search intensively overstayers who might become security risks during the Games in 2020.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 12:16
Hope you are not trying to do the same thing.
Don't overstay. Don't work illegally.
Japan doesn't want you.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 12:43
Yes, it is possible that you could be allowed to enter Japan, since your ban period has elapsed. It is not, however, guaranteed—it never is for anyone.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 13:03
There are 3 types of foreigners who were troubles for immigration:
- Those who were denied entry
- Those who left Japan with voluntary departure after being caught or after going by themselves to immigration center
- Those who were deported

Those who were deported are probably the most troublesome from the immigration point of view. You are in this category, certainly the most most hated by immigration inspectors.

Are you westerner or are you from a country whose citizens are required to get a visa before visiting Japan. In that case you should call the japanese embassy. Needless to say that green light from the embassy does not garanty entry.

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 14:25
Your biometric datawis permanently recorded into the system. So even though your deportation/overstay blacklist period have passed/lifted, know that your are in the list.
This will definitely show up on the immigration screen when you try to enter Japan. It is then up to the immigration officer to grant your entry or not. Be prepared to be interrogated and investigate by the immigration b3fore they decide to let you in or not.
No one here can say definitely about your situation. As someone said they are very strict to those who violate the laws.
You can try and hope for the best, as long as you don't plan to try doing anything stupid or illegal.
by @... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 16:05
If you want to work in Japan then you will need a visa. A visa is normally procured through the Japanese embassy or through an agency who gets the visa on your behalf. I suggest you speak to the Japanese embassy as the other people above are mentioning.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/30 17:02
A new passport or not your fingerprints are in the system.
I guess this is good to understand that you need to consider well before doing actions.
It can impact the rest of your life.

Even if you go to the local embassy can not guarantee access. Only immigration can do.
Once you have been deported you can not enter 5 years, which in your case is passed.

All you can do is prepare well before entering and discuss with the Japanese embassy and go.
Than at the border you will know your answer if you are granted to enter or not.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/31 22:46
if i have my working visa now.,is that mean that they allow me to re enter to japan??and is that mean that my penalty banned finished???im so worried about fingerprint scanner in the airport...i dont want to hold at the immigration in the airport..,pls..give me best advice in my situation..,thanks in advance..
by angelica panganiban (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/5/31 23:53
if i have my working visa now.,is that mean that they allow me to re enter to japan??

No, but it's a good sign.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/1 03:56
Can you share the details of why you were deported?

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/1 07:12
I don't think it's a good sign.
Did they ask for your fingerprint in the process of working visa? If not, they will get it for the first time at the border and figure out what you have done before.

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/1 08:13
If you want the best advice, it would come from a lawyer, not some internet forum. I wouldn't risk the expense of traveling to a faraway country if there was a good chance I might get turned away at their airport.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/1 08:58
Agree with Gregalor

Even you got a working visa it does not mean anything.
After you pass immigration, incl. finger print you will know for sure you are allowed.

I believe this is not only Japan but you will have some questions also if you travel to other countries about your deportation.

Again nobody knows or can give you advice, if you want you can talk with immigration laywer
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/1 10:08
As said no one can say for sure how the outcome will be once you arrived and deal with the immigration.
You said earlier your deportation records are related to your old/other name, and your biometric data is already in the immigration database.
Your work visa is related to your new name and passport(does it related to your old passport)which they may have overlook/bypass your deportation history and
no fingerprint data was taken?
So everything will depend on the immigration at the airport.
by @... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/1 10:20
Nobody knows for sure if you will be denied at the airport, even a lawyer. A lawyer would cost more than a plane ticket, so not worth it in my opinion.

Did you actually get a legit work visa through the Japanese embassy? Just asking because you had a fake passport before.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/2 14:50
i've been deported 10 years ago because of overstaying..now,i tried to aplly as factory worker.,and my visa was granted..,now i only worrying my past record..,and be hold in the airport..,

Re: Can I re-enter japan after deportation? 2018/6/2 14:58
yes..my working visa is legal..all my documents is real..,and i have nno plan to do the same thing in my past..i just want to work there and earn enough money for my child..,thats it.

reply to this thread