Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best US Cards for ATMs in Japan? 2018/5/30 06:21
I know this question is often asked, but it looks like it hasn't been answered in some time.

I'm looking for a 2018 answer to this question.

I know that Capital One 360 used to have a debit card that charged no additional fees from its own side, and also from the Japan side if using Seven Holdings ATMs.

Schwab checking linked to an investment account seems to be the other choice to get around fees.

I've heard recently that Capital One no longer works with Seven because it is Mastercard, but Schwab is Visa.

Can any one lead me in a direction for a good US ATM/Debit card that doesn't get caught in a bunch of fees when withdrawing in Japan?
by sdg2844  

Re: Best US Cards for ATMs in Japan? 2018/5/30 12:06
I just use the ATM/debt card issued by my bank (credit union) that is Visa brand.
Last year (2017) it did not incur any fee (not my bank nor Seven Bank), but this year Seven Bank charged me 216 yen handling charge for a 50000 yen withdrawal. It's still not too bad.

by Venture (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread