Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The size of a twin bed in Japan? 2018/6/1 22:15
Hi, does anyone know how to find the size of "Twin bed" in a Japanese hotel?

I understand that a "twin size" bed is mostly a "single size" bed in a business hotel in Japan.
But what about the "twin size" bed in a higher end (3.5 or 4 star) hotel in Japan?
(For example, Kobe Portopia hotel (4 start) and Hotel Keihan GRANDE in Osaka (3.5 star))

I'm looking for a room for 2 adult and 1 teenage child (under 17). For the 2 hotels mentioned above, booking.com gives identical rooms whether it is 2 adult or 2 adult+1 child: 2 twin beds. The only difference is the price. It only says that twin size bed may be between 35 to 51in wide.
thanks
by AA (guest)  

Re: The size of a twin bed in Japan? 2018/6/2 18:04
In japan anyone over age of 12 is consider a adult, so you need to search for rooms for 3 adults.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: The size of a twin bed in Japan? 2018/6/2 18:12
Official websites almost always indicate the size of the bed(s).
https://www.portopia.co.jp/en/stay/floor/standard/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: The size of a twin bed in Japan? 2018/6/2 19:47
110-120cm wide. Enough space for adult and very small child at best. Eg under 2yo.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The size of a twin bed in Japan? 2018/6/2 22:56
Your best bet is to book a triple room which is reasonably common in Japan. I've found that a double bed and single bed in the same room is very uncommon unless it's a traditional room where they just lay out more futons on the floor....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: The size of a twin bed in Japan? 2018/6/3 09:53
kmm899 is right.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread