Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kitaoji Bus station from Kitaoji station 2018/6/5 10:11
Confused again. I have been advised to drastically change my itinerary. So for the day I Kyoto My husband I want very much to visit the Fushimi Imari Shrine and Kinkaku-ji temple. I realize there are line ups and both are best to visit 1st. I have decided it should be Fushimi Imari Shrine first because of the walking up. So I checked online and the quickest way is by trains to Kitaoji Station. BUT here is my problem. I cannot see how we get to the Kitaoji Bus terminal from there.I think once I know where the bus station is we can take a number 12 or 59 bus to Kinkakurji-michil stop and walk from there.

As these two are important to us, it looks like we will be backtracking to hopefully see Kiyomizu-dera and wander a little through the Sannenzaka area and go back via Gion to Kyoto Station to go back to Osaka
by sparklymermaid  

Re: Kitaoji Bus station from Kitaoji station 2018/6/5 14:30
I would start the day at Kinkakuji at the time (!) of opening. Thatfs the only second when it is not overwhelmed by tourist groups. Youfd need to plan to be at the gate at least 5 min before opening time.
Fushimi Inari is open 24/7 so less of a rush.
Both of these places are at opposite sites of Kyoto. So I assume that you have one day in Kyoto only, otherwise it doesnft really make sense to combine the two in a day. Fushimi Inari is also possible to be combined with Nara. (Cutting your precious time in Nara though).

To your question: the bus terminal is attached to the Kitaoji station. I would expect that there are huge signs around that guide tourists to it. Otherwise just ask. But it should be easy to find.

Enjoy your trip to Kyoto!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kitaoji Bus station from Kitaoji station 2018/6/5 16:22
Have you checked Arukumachikyoto?

http://www.arukumachikyoto.jp/index.php?lang=en

This is quite convenient to plan trip in Kyoto.

There are many ways to travel Fushimi-Inari, Kinkakuji and Kiyomizudera, but I would rather think you might better go first to Fushimi-Inari. Personally, I don't like it, partly because of the food stalls around the shrine, and if you go early in the morning you can avoid them :). Of course although I don't like it, it is one of the most popular destinations in Kyoto (or even in Japan) so it should be very crowded around noon. In the early morning you can also avoid crowds. After Fushimi Inari I would go to Kinkakuji, which I think does not require long time to see. You can just walk around the golden temple, so normally 30 min would be enough. Note that Kinkakuji is in the far end of Kyoto so it will take more than one hour from Fushimi Inari. There are several ways to go from Fushimi-Inari, but normally take Keihan to Sanjo and then Metro to Nijo and take bus. You can also take bus from Kitaoji (get out the south gate of Metro to take bus which starts from underground). Don't use bus in the city center since there might be traffic jam in the city center.

I think you can start Kinkakuji before noon. Take train or metro as much as you can and avoid bus if possible although Kinkakuji has no nearby train/metro stations. The nearest train station to Kiyomizudera is Kiyomizu-gojo. North of Kiyomizudera there are plenty of temples and shrines which I think are the best of best in Kyoto.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kitaoji Bus station from Kitaoji station 2018/6/6 03:26
Great answers thank you. :)
by sparklymermaid rate this post as useful

reply to this thread