Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in a Pension in Appi Kogen 2018/6/5 16:14
We are travelling to Appi Kogen in January 2019 and would like to stay outside of the large Appi Resort chain of hotels, in a more traditional pension or lodge, however there are not many around and i am a bit concerned that we may have to walk a large distance to get to the lifts, and that we will be limited in options for dinner. I know there isn't a lot of nightlife, but a variety of good options is important to us when travelling to Japan - love the local cuisine 😁

Can someone please allay my concerns or offer some alternate options.

Travelling to Appi because we have never been.
by PKAus  

Re: Staying in a Pension in Appi Kogen 2018/6/5 22:40
Go to Zao Onsen instead. Snow monsters, Onsen, lots of pension to choose from, less Aussies everywhere.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in a Pension in Appi Kogen 2018/6/6 07:44
Heading to Zao for 4 days after APPI - already booked that accommodation after advice from friends :-)
by PKAus rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in a Pension in Appi Kogen 2018/6/6 08:01
You can use googlemap to find pensions in Appi kogen.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotel/@40.0030461,140.9757131,17.17...

Zoom in/out to find more information. Click dots to find specific hotels/pensions.

What about this?

https://www.whiteroseinn.jp
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Staying in a Pension in Appi Kogen 2018/6/6 09:14
Thank you for the Google Maps view - this is what led me to believe it might be a bit of a walk with ski boots on. We chose Appi Arts Colour as it mentioned ski in. White Rose Inn looks great and has many reviews but looks a little too Westernised. Thank you for the tips - really appreciate it :-)
by PKAus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread