Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/7 02:51
Hello!
I'm travelling to Japan next september and I want to come back with a lot of One Piece and Attack on Titan figures. I read that Akihabara used to be a good place to do it, but today is more expensive than years ago, so I want to know where is the best place to go (I can buy second hand figures too).
I'm going to be in Kyoto, Osaka and Kyoto, so if you could tell me any shop in one of this cities I'll be very gratefully.

Thank you!
by krisby  

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/7 13:32
Nakano Boardway
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/7 19:00
Absolutely no question that the many shops on several floors of Nakano Broadway are what you are looking for. Ride the Chuo Line to get to Nakano station. Across the street from the station is a mall, and at the end of this mall is another -- Nakano Broadway. Easy trip from just about anywhere in Tokyo.

I was amazed at how many foreigners were there. Why so many? I don't remember seeing so many in one place anywhere else in Japan. Are there cheap places to live? Or what, please?
by John711 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/7 20:52
Nakano Broadway and Akihabara are probably the best for these, as with many things they do go up and down in price with time, and especial toy and manga stuff around the world including Japan, they tend to be collectors item and shops do inflate the price to make a profit.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/8 17:35
I was reading about Nakano Broadway and people said that, in the last years, prices have increased a lot and Nakano now it's just like Akihabara. It is true? Should I try in Nakano Broadway or should I try in a diferent place?
by krisby rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/8 18:14
Nakano Boardway is a shopping mall. The individual shops set their own pricing. Visit and make up your own mind. Cheap to some is expensive to others.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/8 20:28
If it's a common item, just shop around, who knows maybe some chain toy store may stock the stuff you want.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find cheap figures in Japan? 2018/6/9 07:45
One of the more common retail shop inside Nakano Broadway is Mandarake. I have both visited their shops in person and online for purchases.

I'm not sure what you are specificly after. But you can browse there website to view prices. Just click global/english and use the upper tabs to filter categories etc.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/

by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread