Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there anyone in japan called amaterasu 2018/6/8 11:50
Is the name Amaterasu popular in japan as a baby name or not ?!!.. because i think it is a goddess name so may be parents do not use it as a name for child as may be its forbidden or somthing ..and also do you ever met somone called amaterasu ?!! ..
by Hedo (guest)  

Re: Is there anyone in japan called amaterasu 2018/6/8 18:00
Is there anyone? Almost certainly; there's a lot of crazy parents out there.

Is it popular? No.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Is there anyone in japan called amaterasu 2018/6/8 21:53
I've never met a woman whose first name is Amaterasu, however, as a surname, Mr/Ms Amaterasu may possibly exist in Japan. I don't think it is forbidden as a first name, so you can register the first name for your child. We have a number of Kanjis that you cannot register for your child.
by neko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there anyone in japan called amaterasu 2018/6/9 09:17
Sorry to ask this - what type of names are not allowed under Japanese law? This is a question of curiosity and I have no knowledge on the subject...
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Is there anyone in japan called amaterasu 2018/6/9 11:52
This is the list of Kanji you can use to name your child.
http://kanji.jitenon.jp/cat/namae.html
You can't use characters beyond these (+Hiragana and Katakana).

You can't create your surname except when you naturalize and make a new family in Koseki (family register).
As for first name, there was a case the local government denied to accept and process the name a baby's parents tried to register as it meant "devil" in Japan. It was considered abuse of naming right by parents.
If you want to change your first name for some reason, you need to file a case to the court and get judged. If your name is acceptable according to common sense, you can't change your name by your own will (like based on your preference).
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread