Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to use Takayama Hokuriku pass? 2018/6/13 12:46
I am planning to get the Takayama-Hokuriku JR Pass for my upcoming trip. This will be my first time to travel in Japan and their train system is overwhelming me.

Anyway here is my itinerary:

Oct. 27 - Arrival at Nagoya, evening
Oct. 28 - Depart for Takayama
Oct. 29 - Shirakawago roundtrip tour, back to Takayama
Oct. 30 - Depart for Kanazawa
Oct.31 - Depart for Toyama for the Tateyama Kurobe route then head back to Nagoya.

I am confused if I will take the JR Limited Express train or the local train from Nagoya to Takayama. Also, until what time do the trains run? To save up on costs, I plan to head straight to Takayama upon my arrival at Chubu Centrair airport.
by susan (guest)  

Re: How to use Takayama Hokuriku pass? 2018/6/14 10:20
Hi Susan,

I am sorry you are confused.

http://touristpass.jp/en/takayama_hokuriku/

Yes, you can take the Hida Limited Express from Nagoya to Takayama.

The last Hida from Nagoya bound for Takayama leaves at 20:18, it arrives in Takayama at 22:49. There is a local train that leaves Nagoya at 21:18 which involves a transfer in Gifu at 21:39 to the JR Takayama line at 21:45 and arrives in Takayama at :27.

I don't know where you plan to stay in Takayama, but I would make sure they can accept people arriving so late.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: How to use Takayama Hokuriku pass? 2018/6/14 14:26
The alpine takayama matsumoto pass is probably better suited for you itinerary.

Just pay for the shiragawako bus separately.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread