Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Manners while queueing at Tokyo Disney 2018/6/15 19:28
The usual suggestion is for a companion to get a Fast Pass (FP) at one ride, while the others line up for another non-FP ride. The one getting the fast pass can then rejoin the group in the queue. Will this be considered by locals as rude & cutting in line? How does one explain that you are saving a place in the queue for someone? Thank you.
by Gigi (guest)  

Re: Manners while queueing at Tokyo Disney 2018/6/16 13:56
The last time I went to the Tokyo Disney theme parks, we went to buy Fast Passes before queuing. From a quick internet search in Japanese language, I found someone suggesting the same. The person does suggest that some of you can stand near the queue so that when the person comes back from buying the Fast Pass, the whole group can queue as fast as possible. Here is the link just for backup.
https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q12155236657

But emergencies happen, such as one of you needing to go to the restroom and cannot wait. Then you can say something like, "Gomennasai. Toire ni itte mashita." (I'm sorry. [This person] had gone to the toilet.) You can replace the "toire" part with other words indicating your emergency.

The person in the link also suggest that the longer you wait the higher the expectation. Hope you have fun!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Manners while queueing at Tokyo Disney 2018/6/19 02:05
Hi Gigi,

I have been to DisneySea / Disneyland Japan 3 times now. Even the locals will be seen coming in a line after the rest of their party is already there. Sometimes its with food. I will say that I have never seen another park goer say anything.

A word of caution with the park employees - they want your whole party in the line for shows and character meet and greets. I went to rejoin two of my friends in Stitch's meet and greet. The park employees would not let me take a picture or join my group. One of my friends offered to step out instead and they were insistent that only those present at the start could be in the picture. I noticed the same thing with Big Band Beat. The first show is first come first serve. 30 minutes before the show a foreigner tried to join their party towards the front of the line, but was told no. Their party could join them in the back of the line or he could be separated.

by Kuro Chibi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread