Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca for short duration 2018/6/17 02:54
My husband and I arrive at 3pm at Kansai airport, and are staying in Namba. We will only have that evening to tour and the following day to see Osaka.The next day will be a full day in Kyoto but sadly the next day we fly out. I was looking at the travel cards, Iccoa and JR Pass. I find it confusing as they seem to only do passes for 7 days. Does this mean we have to pay each time we travel on a train or bus?
by audrey (guest)  

Re: ICCOA for short duration 2018/6/17 08:47
So will you be staying in Namba Osaka for three nights and your full day will be day2 (Osaka) and day3 (Kyoto)? You will arrive KIX at 15:00, but what time will you leave? In the morning?

In any case, Japan Rail Pass 7 days is out of question. You can travel with much less expense if you use IC card (ICOCA that is). But you might consider some discount tickets/pass to save some money.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: ICCOA for short duration 2018/6/18 02:26
Yes, sadly only three nights. When we arrive in Kansai and by the time we get through customs I imagine we will be at the hotel by 5.30pm which hopefully we can explore Dotonbori, Hokenji temple and do the river cruise. We fly in form Vancouver and I forgot we lose a day!!!!! Our plane leaves on the Thursday morning at 10.30am.
by Audrey (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: ICCOA for short duration 2018/6/18 06:40
2000 yen Icoca card... Get refund when finished with it.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca for short duration 2018/6/18 17:50
If you're in Japan for three days, a JR Pass is the last thing you need. It's for people making numerous long distance trips.
by Gregalor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread