Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka Kanazawa/Shirakawago/Takayama 2018/6/22 11:10
Hi Experts,

I need a advise on how to plan my itinerary around Kanazawa / Shirakawago / Takayama.

I have allocated five nights around the above three areas. If I am traveling from Osaka (in November),
what is the best order to plan the trip ? I will be traveling to Tokyo after this. Have I allocated too many days ? I was thinking 2 nights in Kanazawa, 1 night in Shirakawago, and 2 nights in Takayama.

Can you please let me know your thoughts.

Vish
by Vish (guest)  

Re: Osaka Kanazawa/Shirakawago/Takayama 2018/6/22 17:56
It always gets a little dicey counting "nights" - I've seen many people attach different meanings to them. That is why I usually say 1 day (8-10ish hours of awake time, or until sunset), half a day, 2 days etc.
I can tell you that you can see Shirakawago in just a few hours (and be sure to go up to the overlook to see the village, either on foot or by bus). I went there recently actually and it was swarming with Chinese tourists. If you choose to go to a less touristy area like Gokayama, then it will of course cost more money and time. Takayama I got through in one day and had a couple of hours to spare. At night the place was a ghost town with the streets dark and deserted. I'd expect that at Shirakawago however, and a farmhouse stay can be quite an experience (though not cheap).
Kanazawa though I would say cries out for some time - like 2 whole days at least, and visiting Kenrokuen should not be missed.

An equally large question is what you plan to do after Takayama. There are some rail or other passes that might help you, but it depends on your plans.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread